NCAA Initial Eligibility Requirements
|NCAA Core Courses||Number of Credits|
|Mathematics (Algebra 1 or higher)||3 Credits|
|Natural or Physical Science (at least one lab course)||2 Credits|
|Additional Courses in English, Mathematics, or Natural or Physical Science||1 Credit|
|Social Sciences||2 Credits|
|Additional Academic Courses [in any of the above areas or
foreign language, philosophy, or non doctrinal religion
(e.g. comparative religion) courses]
NCAA Core Courses
- NCAA Core Courses must be approved by the NCAA to be able to count towards the 16 core courses.
- Complete 10 of the required 16 NCAA core courses before the start of your senior year.
- 7 of the 10 NCAA core courses required before the start of your senior year must include English, mathematics, and natural/physical science.
- These 10 NCAA core courses shall not be replaced.
- SAT= Critical Reading + Math
- ACT Sum= English + Math + Reading + Science
Core Grade-Point Average
- PSA must present a corresponding test score and NCAA core course GPA (minimum 2.300) on the NCAA Sliding Scale.
- Core course GPA is calculated using the best 16 NCAA core courses that meet both progression (10 before senior year; 7 in English/math/science; “lock-in”) and subject-area requirements.
Required Documents to Send to the NCAA Eligibility Center
- Official High School Transcripts from every high school that you have attended.
- Final Official High School Transcript with proof of graduation.
- Test Scores (test code: 9999)